Private Apartment Features
- Memory box for room recognition
- Intense paint on door to assist with locating apartment
- Private roll-in showers with fold down shower bench and handrails
- Raised toilets
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Automatic smoke detector and sprinklers
- Levelor mini blinds
- 56 private unfurnished units
- Cable and phone available
- Motion lighting in bathroom
- Easy to operate door handles
- Furnished respite unit
The Village Centre
- Band Shell
- Post Office
- Barn and Silo
- Town Square
- Water Tank
- Soda Fountain
- Beauty Salon and Massage Table
- Clear Wayfinding Path
- Plan Scapes and Wall Murals
- Natural Light
- 4 Distinct Entrances: Pergola, Arched Arbor, The Inn, and Mansion
Our philosophy of care drove our design. Every detail of MeadowView Memory Care Village is planned and designed to assist a person with memory impairment. The goal in design is to ease the stress and frustration that can occur with memory impairment, recognizing the need to provide a safe and secure sense of “home”. Multi-sensory areas and familiar experiences evoke pleasant memories and provide gentle reminders of the activities of the day.
Four distinct neighborhoods, Garden Terrace, Ivy Lane, Red Cottage, and Rustic Ridge, comprised of 56 private units total, surround the Village. Neighborhoods contain color and thematic cues, whirlpool baths, laundry rooms, quiet living rooms, a sun room and old fashioned ice cream parlor, and many unique interior design features. All 56 units are unfurnished and offer memory boxes at each entryway, specific color selections, large windows, and private baths. Some units may accommodate a couple.
A beautiful enclosed outdoor memory garden allows for outdoor activities and helps to combat the effects of sundowning. With a clear wayfinding circular path, bird feeding station, raised flower bed, a large space under a pergola, and other unique features, residents may enjoy daily outdoor exercise, moon walks, flowers and gardening.
Caregivers multitask and do similar things that a family member would do. The promotion of overall well being is our priority at MeadowView, where there is a multidisciplinary approach and all staff receive continuing education in dementia care. This occurs under the leadership of a Director of Nursing who specializes in geriatric nursing care and assures quality care for every resident.
A nursing assessment is completed with the resident and family member prior to move in to enable us to better understand you and your loved ones desires and needs.
We emphasize living each day within an interactive community. Our partnership with the family is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to providing support and education to our families, and work diligently to assist families in discovering meaningful and enjoyable activities to do with their loved ones when they visit. Family involvement is encouraged.
- 24-hour awake staff available
- Bath or Shower assistance
- On-going health and safety assessment by RN
- Assistance with clothing selection, dressing, and grooming
- 2 hour toileting program
- Medication management
- 3 family style meals, snacks, and hydration program
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Utilities-excluding cable and phone